FAQs for treasurers

Q. What does the treasurer do?

A. You can find out in the Treasurers Handbook and here.

Q. Is there a spreadsheet we can use for our Group/District financial records?

A. Yes - find out more at here.

Q. When is the start and end of the Woodcraft financial year?

A. January 1st to December 31st.

Q. Where do I find my District's Mid-year and Year-end Financial Return forms?

A. District Treasurers and District contacts are sent a hyperlink to their District's Mid-year and Annual Financial Return forms. Please contact returns@woodcraft.org.uk for more information.

Q. When does our District’s Year-end Financial Return have to be submitted?

A. Find more information here.

Q. Where can I get help with completing the Mid-year and Year-end Financial Returns?

A. There's guidance on this page. You can also email returns@woodcraft.org.uk or phone 020 7703 4173.

Q. Are there rules about applying for funding?

A. Yes, Woodcraft Folk has a policy about applying for funding. You can access the policy here

Q. What is Gift Aid?

A. Gift Aid enables charities like Woodcraft Folk to claim back the tax paid by donors on money they donate to the charity. If you are a UK taxpayer, every £10 you donate could be worth £12.50 to Woodcraft Folk. There is guidance on Gift Aid here.

Q. How do we open a bank account? 

A. You'll find more information here.

Q. Where can I find the Treasurer Newsletters?

A. Here!